Missy and Ricky tied the knot on a beautiful late spring evening at Chatham Station in Cary, NC. What an amazing wedding venue they chose! Chatham station has tons of natural light and whitewashed brick which makes for great photos. The layout, design, florals and the overall timeline were incredibly well thought out by Sweet SaraBelle Weddings & Events.
Our newest favorite wedding photographer, Megan Kearns Photography, had a connection with this couple that was obvious. You’re going to love her work in the gallery below. Missy and Ricky have been together for over ten years and it showed on their wedding day. They shared their heartfelt love for each other throughout the evening. They danced together a lot and enjoyed each other the whole each other’s company throughout the evening.
Missy’s father’s speech was really emotional, and even though it took him a couple of tear filled pauses to get through it, he truly conveyed how much he loved both Missy and Ricky. After the meal was over, Missy and Ricky’s friends and family rushed the dance floor and kept DJ Evan busy with tons of great requests all night. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor! Finally, as the night came to an end, Missy and Ricky had one of the best popper exits (cool photo alert) we have ever seen!
Thank you for trusting us with your spectacular wedding day. Congrats again Missy & Ricky!
Missy & Ricky’s Amazing Wedding Vendor Team
Caterer – Catering by Design
Photographer – Megan Kearns Photography
Ceremony and Reception Venue – Chatham Station
Wedding Planner, Florist and Design – Sweet SaraBelle Weddings
Makeup Artist and Hair Stylist – Mena Garcia
Wedding Gown –New York Bride and Groom
Videographer – Point200 Videography
Calligraphy – Letter Me Lovely
Cake – The Cupcake Shoppe
Missy & Ricky’s
5:00 – DJ set up for the ceremony w/mic for the officiant and a mic ready for use
Prelude: Beautiful Crazy, Say You Won’t Let Go, Speechless, Forever Girl, Sway, Die A Happy Man, 19 You And Me, Pushing Up Daisies, You’re Still The One, I Met A Girl, Fight Song (final song before processional)
Pre-Processional (family taking seats): Perfect
Bride Entrance: Can I Be Him
Recessional Song: Is This Love
6:00 – Cocktail Hour
6:40 – Grand Entrance – Songs are Yeah, and I’m The One
Bride and Groom!!
6:45 – First Dance
Song is Obsessed by Dan and Shay
6:50 – Father/Daughter Dance
Songs are My Little Girl, and Get Down Tonight
6:55 – Mother/Son Dance
Songs are The Baby, and Little Red Corvette
7:00 – Welcome Toast by Father of the Bride
7:40 – Blessing by Traci
7:45 – Dinner Begins
7:50 – Toasts
7:55 – Cake Cutting – Stupid Love
8:00 – Dancing Begins!
10:15 – Last Slow Dance – She’s Everything
10:20 – Last Fast Dance – Wagon Wheel
10:25 – Poppers Exit!
Meg & Jason were married and had their wedding reception at The Cotton Room in the fall of 2014. Jason and his family are Greek so of course we had to have some traditional Greek music and dancing! This one started off a little formal but quickly turned into one of the craziest dancing crowds that we have seen. We helped the bride and groom plan everything from Texas via Skype and e-mail where they live today. There was some sort of crazy history of Jason dancing to ‘Billie Jean’ and they told DO NOT play it unless requested by the bride and groom and sure enough at about 11 pm we got the ‘ok’ (photos below!). Thanks for being our clients Meg & Jason and best wishes. We will never forget your wedding!
Here is some of the Greek music that we played:
- Aravod – Kalamatiano
- Trio Hellenque – Kalamatiano
- Michael Hartophilis & His Orcehstara – Kalamatiano
- Haralabos Garganourakis – Pentozalis
Meg & Jason’s Vendor Team
Venue: The Cotton Room
One of Durham’s most popular wedding venues and one of our absolute favorites. Just look at this place in the photos below … beautiful and so original.
Officiant: Reverend Robin Renteria
Robin always treats her clients and their incredibly important day with the respect it deserves and did a fantastic job for them!
Photography: InContrast Images
They exceeded our expectations as always! Elisa & Trey are an absolute pleasure to work with and, as you can see below, very talented.
Megan & Jason’s Wedding Planner
The Cotton Room, Durham, NC
6 pm – DJ set up and playing music. Ceremony musicians will start playing.
6:30 – Ceremony Begins
- DJ will provide microphones for ceremony musicians and Officiant
6:55 to 7:50 – Cocktail Hour
8:00 – Grande Entrance
- Song is ‘Young Blood’ by The Naked and Famous
- Melissa and Carter
- Adam and Michael
- Sarah and Nick
- Jessica and Kyle
- Maggie and Aaron
- Mr & Mrs Jason and Meg!!
8:10 – Dinner Begins
- Blessing by Meg’s Father John
8:50 – Toasts
- Meg and Jason will give a quick toast before Aaron and Maggie
- Best Man and Matron of Honor
9:00 – First Dance
- Song is ‘I Would Do Anything For You’ by Foster the People
9:05 – Father/Daughter Dance
- Song is ‘’Isn’t She Lovely’ by Stevie Wonder (end at ~2 min)
- John and Meg
9:10 – Mother/Son Dance
- Song is ‘Momma’ by Boyz II Men (end at ~2 min)
- Jason and Tamara
9:30 – Cake Cutting
- Song is ‘Sweet Disposition’ by Temper Trap
9:35 – Party Time!!
12:00 – Expected end of Meg & Jason’s Wedding Spectacular
Today we’re taking a look back at Laura & Blair classic southern fall wedding sprinkled with gold magnolia leaves. This couple let their unique style come through in every little detail on their wedding day and everything came together amazingly. Laura and her team of bridesmaids made the gold magnolia backdrop for their wedding ceremony. The groom is a musician and Laura’s entrance song was his own version of Canon in D…wow! Make sure you scroll through all of the photos below because it got a little out of control when I called Laura and Blair up and let them take over the turntables!
“Thank you to these amazing wedding vendors for helping us make Laura and Blair’s wedding day perfect!”
Venue: The Cotton Room is a true Durham original with exposed brick, lots of sunlight and wood floors but what truly makes this venue top-notch is the incredible staff.
Photography: Joseph and Andrea at Connection Photography were absolutely amazing to work with again! Check out their beautiful and artistic style in the photos below.
Florist: Only Tre Bella could capture the bride and groom’s exact style in flowers. We are lucky to work with Tre Bella a lot and they always impress.
Wedding Cake: Miel Bon Bons artistically captured Laura and Blair truly unique style with the delicious and beautiful wedding cake.
Catering: Triangle Catering provided an amazing in-house experience worthy of the amazing day.
Laura & Blair Wedding’s Timeline/Planner
The Cotton Room, Durham, NC
4 pm – All Around Raleigh DJ set up and playing music
4:30 – Ceremony Begins
- Prelude music is solo classical (Chopin-Waltz in A flat Major, Liszt-Love Dream, Bach-Cello Suite 1, etc)
- Pre-processional (family) song is ‘Clair de Lune’ by Debussy
- Processional (bridal party and bride) song is ‘Canon in D’ performed by the groom
- Recessional song is ‘You Are the Best Thing’ by Ray LaMontagne
4:50 – 5:50 – Cocktail Hour
5:55 – Grande Entrance
- Mr & Mrs Blair & Laura!!
6:00 – Dinner Begins
- Welcome by Andrea’s Father Ron
7:00 – Toasts
- Best Man and Maid of Honor
7:15 – First Dance
- Song is personalized version of ‘You Make My Dreams Come True’
7:20 – Father/Daughter
- Song is ‘Landslide’ by Fleetwood Mac
- Ron and Laura
7:25 – Mother/Son Dance
- Song is ‘You Make Me Feel So Young’ by Frank Sinatra
- Blair and Elizabeth
7:30 – Open Dancing
8:00 – Cake Cutting
- Song is ‘Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie’ by Jay and the Techniques
8:05 – Party Time!!
10:00 – Expected end of Laura and Blair’s Wedding Spectacular
We’ve put together a this list of 30 father/daughter slow dance songs for your wedding. Some of these are very unique and I’ve never actually seen used while some are obvious but you’ll hear why when you listen to them.
1. I Loved Her First – Heartland
2. Daughters – John Mayer
3. Keeper of the Stars – Tracy Byrd
4. How Sweet It Is – James Taylor (Marvin Gaye too)
5. Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
6. Father and Daughter – Paul Simon
7. Because You Loved Me – Celine Dion
8. My Girl – Temptations
9. In My Daughter’s Eyes – Martina McBride
10. Unforgettable – Natalie & Nat King Cole
11. Isn’t She Lovely – Stevie Wonder
12. I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack
13. You Are So Beautiful – Joe Cocker
14. Landslide – Fleetwood Mac
15. Pretty Woman – Roy Orbison
16. Lullabye – Billy Joel
17. In My Life – John Lennon
18. All You Need Is Love – Beatles
19. Somewhere Over the Rainbow / What a Wonderful World – Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
20. Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch – Temptations
21. Sweet Child of Mine – Guns n Roses
22. You’re My Best Friend – Queen
23. Stand By Me – Ben E. King
24. Through the Years – Kenny Rogers
25. Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper
26. My Little Girl – Tim McGraw
27. Darius Rucker – It Won’t Be Like This For Long
28. Butterfly Kisses – Bob Carlisle
29. My Wish – Rascal Flatt
30. Cinderella – Steven Curtis Chapman