Today we’re taking a look back at Laura & Blair classic southern fall wedding sprinkled with gold magnolia leaves. This couple let their unique style come through in every little detail on their wedding day and everything came together amazingly. Laura and her team of bridesmaids made the gold magnolia backdrop for their wedding ceremony. The groom is a musician and Laura’s entrance song was his own version of Canon in D…wow! Make sure you scroll through all of the photos below because it got a little out of control when I called Laura and Blair up and let them take over the turntables!
“Thank you to these amazing wedding vendors for helping us make Laura and Blair’s wedding day perfect!”
Venue: The Cotton Room is a true Durham original with exposed brick, lots of sunlight and wood floors but what truly makes this venue top-notch is the incredible staff.
Photography: Joseph and Andrea at Connection Photography were absolutely amazing to work with again! Check out their beautiful and artistic style in the photos below.
Florist: Only Tre Bella could capture the bride and groom’s exact style in flowers. We are lucky to work with Tre Bella a lot and they always impress.
Wedding Cake: Miel Bon Bons artistically captured Laura and Blair truly unique style with the delicious and beautiful wedding cake.
Catering: Triangle Catering provided an amazing in-house experience worthy of the amazing day.
Laura & Blair Wedding’s Timeline/Planner
The Cotton Room, Durham, NC
4 pm – All Around Raleigh DJ set up and playing music
4:30 – Ceremony Begins
- Prelude music is solo classical (Chopin-Waltz in A flat Major, Liszt-Love Dream, Bach-Cello Suite 1, etc)
- Pre-processional (family) song is ‘Clair de Lune’ by Debussy
- Processional (bridal party and bride) song is ‘Canon in D’ performed by the groom
- Recessional song is ‘You Are the Best Thing’ by Ray LaMontagne
4:50 – 5:50 – Cocktail Hour
5:55 – Grande Entrance
- Mr & Mrs Blair & Laura!!
6:00 – Dinner Begins
- Welcome by Andrea’s Father Ron
7:00 – Toasts
- Best Man and Maid of Honor
7:15 – First Dance
- Song is personalized version of ‘You Make My Dreams Come True’
7:20 – Father/Daughter
- Song is ‘Landslide’ by Fleetwood Mac
- Ron and Laura
7:25 – Mother/Son Dance
- Song is ‘You Make Me Feel So Young’ by Frank Sinatra
- Blair and Elizabeth
7:30 – Open Dancing
8:00 – Cake Cutting
- Song is ‘Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie’ by Jay and the Techniques
8:05 – Party Time!!
10:00 – Expected end of Laura and Blair’s Wedding Spectacular