We were so incredibly lucky to be a part of Caitlin & Joseph’s wedding at The Historic Wakefield Barn! These two were from the northeast and really wanted to add some of that style to their classic southern barn wedding so we go to work on a fun timeline and song list well before their wedding date!
Joseph is a huge Batman fan so Caitlin approached us before the wedding and asked if we could do a bat signal and of course we jumped on the idea! We used a Chauvet Eve 50 spotlight with a custom glass gobo to project a nice big and bright bat signal above their sweetheart table. The best part was that it was a complete surprise to Joseph and he didn’t know until we lit up the sky during their grand entrance. It was a lot of fun to pull off for them!
Caitlin & Joseph really wanted to maximize the dancing on their wedding day so we started early, before dinner even, getting the dance floor packed and making it a little more hype than typical. We got everyone up and dancing with them immediately after their first dance and then after salads were passed and yet again after the Mother/Son dance. We had a crazy, insane and packed dance floor all night. The bride and groom ended the night with a private last dance after all of their guests left to prepare for the grand exit. It was very, very sweet!
The beautiful photos below are from Southern Love Studios and the video is from Morgan Scott Films who are two of the very best wedding vendors that you could hope to work with or have at your wedding.
Caitlin & Joseph made it a lot of fun for us and their guests.
Congratulations and best wishes you too!
Caitlin & Joseph’s Wedding Vendor Team
Officiant: Ed Sansbury
Hair & Makeup: Silver Ceiling
Coffe Service: Event Espresso
Videographer: Morgan Scott Films
Florist: Expressions of Love Florist
Ceremony & Reception: The Historic Wakefield Barn
Wedding Lighting incl. Bat Signal: All Around Raleigh DJ Lighting
Photo Booth: All Around Raleigh DJ Photo Booth
Photographer: Southern Love Studios
Furniture Rental: Cottage Luxe
Wedding Cake: Ashley Cakes
Linens: CE Rental
Caitlin & Joseph’s
The Historic Wakefield Barn
5:00 – DJ set up and ready to go with lapel mic on officiant and wireless handheld
5:30 – Wedding Ceremony Begins
- Prelude music is Vitamin String Quartet selection
- Song for the Processional is ‘Can’t Help Falling In Love’ by Vitamin String Quartet
- Song for the Bride’s entrance is ‘Perfect’ (violin and piano cover)
- Song for the Recessional is ‘Marry You’ by Bruno Mars (instrumental)
6:00 – Cocktail Hour
7:00 – Grand Entrance
- Song is ‘Crazy In Love’ by Beyonce
- Parents of the bride
- Parents of the groom
- Bridal party
- Maid of Honor and Best Man
- Song is ‘Shut Up and Dance’ by Walk the Moon
- Caitlin & Joseph!
7:05 – First Dance
- Song is ‘The One’ by Kodaline
- After first chorus completion invite bride and groom parents onto the floor and then open it up to other couples
7:10 – Welcome by Caitlin’s Parents
7:15 – Father/Daughter Dance
- Song is ‘Butterfly Kisses’ by Bob Carlisle
7:20 – Mother/Son Dance
- Song is ‘My Wish’ by Rascal Flatts
- Invite everyone to come dance!
7:40 – Dinner
- 15 min of dancing after last salad passed
*Toast by Caitlin’s Dad, Maid of Honor and Best Man*
8:45 – Dancing begins!!
- Bouquet Toss song is ‘Dear Future Husband’ by Meghan Trainor
9:30 – Cake Cutting
- Song is ‘How Sweet It Is’ by James Taylor
10:50 – Expected End of Caitlin and Joseph’s Wedding (Sparkler Exit at 11 pm)
- ‘Last Dance’ by Donna Summer
- Private last dance is ‘All of Me’ by John Legend